Friday, June 29, 2007

Bring Your Own Meat! Sunday August 5 Stovall Park


Quit thinking dirty thoughts. We've decided overwhelmingly to bring our own hotdogs, brats, burgers, chicken, shrimp, spitted goat, alligator, snake, portobello mushrooms, etc...to our day at Stovall Park.

You will also be required to bring your own Beverages as long as they are NOT IN GLASS CONTAINERS! Cans, plastic drinkware, sippy's, big bowls of liquor.

I will provide charcoal briquettes, lighter fluid and matches for the grill(s) in the Pavilion area and coolers of ice.

Here's the hard part. Everyone attending will need to volunteer for one of these categories IN ADDITION to the meat and drinks for themselves or their group. With more than one person per category, you need not bring enough, let's say COLE SLAW for 80 people (my guesstimate). Work within your budgets and use common sense. To pay for the Park Pavilion, the Beer Liscence and Name Tags/Program we will be collecting $10 a head on the weekend of the Reunion. Here are the categories, please pony up on this site in the COMMENTS area. Once a category has 4 or 5 contributors or so, please select another.

1. ***Paper/plastic plates, flatware, cups ALL by PAT CRAWLEY! Thanks Pat!***
2. ***Buns (hot dog, hamburger, brat) ALL by Justine Trout Chapura - THANKS JUSTINE!***
3. Condiments (salt/pepper, mustard, mayonaise, ketchup, pickle relish)
4. Veggies (crudite, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, olives, onions)
5. Fruit (platters of mixed fruit, water melons, etc)
6. Sides (cole slaw, potato salad, beans, chips, salsa)
7. Desserts (use your imagination)

It is my hope that we can sign up for things in the next 2 weeks so I don't have to assign individuals to specific categories. Since our cost for the weekend is so minimal, I anticipate that everyone will participate generously. Every pot-luck I've ever been involved with has ended up with way to much food. I doubt this will be any different.

Please COMMENT on the blog what you intend to bring or email me with your decision by JULY 15. I'm REALLY looking forward to this.

Remember, Friday night at Margie Quigley's is BYOBeverage & J. Gillians is CASH BAR so don't forget your plastic money! Maps will be distributed in soft copy (email) by the end of July.

trhogan@comcast.net

11 comments:

Timothy Hogan said...

Timothy Hogan - charcoal briquettes, lighter fluid, matches, coolers of ice.

Anonymous said...

Put me down for veggie tray. It will be tons o fun! Thank you for your organizing this event!

Kelly White Wahl!

Timothy Hogan said...

Patti (Sienko) Smith has left a new comment on your post "It's Never Too Late To RSVP!":

Timothy, Sign me up for the paper/plastic plates, flatware & cups. I'll bring all three items, & I think I can afford to get enough for all 80 or so people showing up. I'll make a point of getting at least a hundred of each item. I'll also be bringing hamburger patties for the grill (not enough for 80 people though).

By the way, make sure you spell my name right, you've had Patty instead of Patti on your RSVP & name tag lists. How long have you known me anyway?!

See you the first Saturday in August!!!! Can't wait!!!

Anonymous said...

Ive got all the bread,
Justine Trout Chapura

Anonymous said...

Tim, put me down for WATERMELONS!
Tina (Kauer) Stephens

Anonymous said...

I was thinking I would bring some vegetables... but then i didn't know what crudite was... and since i can't cook, i will opt to bring condiments and some (store bought) dessert for everyone's safety, I mean enjoyment.
:-) pam reed hadley

Anonymous said...

I'll bring a dessert...from the store/bakery.

Mary Kent

Anonymous said...

Tim,
Put me down for desserts! Dessert for 80, right? Got it!
See ya soon,
Wendy Wadlington

Hollie said...

I will bring some chips -- we can't have a cookout without chips!

--Hollie

Anonymous said...

Hey Tim, count me in for all of the plates, flatware and cups. It seems that would be the best way to get out of cooking anything. Keep up the good work.
Later,

Pat Crawley

Anonymous said...

Well, Tim, we technically challenged do have a hard time. I went to the blogspot and couldn't find a "Comments" link. Would you mind putting Russell down for paper plates, etc?

Thanks