Thursday, May 17, 2007

I'm Ba-ack


And at least as tired as I look from my week in Texas.

Did y'all know it was so HOT there in May. Why didn't more of us die from exposure each summer? And more importantly...

...WHAT ARE WE DOING ON SATURDAY, AUGUST 4TH? WE NEED SOMEONE IN THE DFW AREA TO PULL A VFW OR K OF C OR ELK OR MOOSE CLUB OUT OF THEIR...HAT. Or come up with an alternative solution for Saturday night, August 4th.

Anybody have a big house? We won't be more than 50 total judging from the RSVPs. Somebody must have done well enough to host 50 people over a period of a few hours...maybe 7 to midnight? I'll even help throw people out if need be. I may be old and fat but I'm a superb bouncer.

I can't find a place from my remote Minnesota local. Trisha Quirk stepped up for the Stovall Park Pavillion. We need someone to "step up" for the Saturday night before. If all else fails, we'll "tailgate" all day on Sunday August 5th and there will be NO SATURDAY "GET TOGETHER." That's not what we want but we need a "hero" to save Saturday night!

Dig deep, Volunteers. Saturday night beckons...

No comments: